Assistant Community ManagerApply Now
Responsible for effectively commuting, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
Reports to: Community Manager
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt, eligible for overtime)
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new resident's signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report applications.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Ensure that all are proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Communicate with Community Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner.
- Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to perform calculations, produce and distribute documents.
- Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
- Provide accounting support to Community Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant's history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Community Manager's duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance service request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up in a timely manner if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Enforce policies by the community.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer service related industry and one year apartment leasing experience or a combination of accounting skills/education with customer service experience is preferred.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) preferred.
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- OSHA laws and regulations, willingness to obtain within six months.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and MS Outlook and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work s flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to resident concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
- Attendance is an impressive job function.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
- In order to achieve success in the CORE Realty Management team must embrace certain core principles and values:
- Driven to Lead, Not Follow
- Bring Your Best, Every Time
- Do the Right Thing, Even When No One is Looking
- Be a No-Ego Doer (G.S.D.)
- Choose Positivity
Maintenance TechnicianApply Now
Responsible for efficiently performing all necessary maintenance for the apartment community and to assist the Maintenance Supervisor with organizing, directing and managing the overall maintenance programs of the property. Provide timely and courteous response to resident service requests. Perform routine maintenance and repairs, including plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, HVAC repairs, general maintenance repairs, pool/spa maintenance, and make-readies.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt, eligible for overtime)
- Repairs appliances, flooring, HVAC, plumbing, locks, and electrical; performs carpentry work, welding, and painting, as required.
- Understand and follow daily work instructions according to the work schedule, and apply sound judgment to operate equipment safely as well as prevent problems.
- Inventory goods and notify management of shortages and needed goods to be ordered.
- Clean common areas and monitor curb appeal.
- Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, and other suppliers or vendors to ensure safe operation of property maintenance.
- Operate equipment to perform landscaping duties such as weed eaters, garden tractors, blowers, hedge trimmers and various hand tools in accordance with approved operating guidelines and safety procedures.
- Maintain structural integrity of buildings by performing exterior building maintenance such as minor painting, and cleaning gutters and downspouts; and monitor interior to ensure neat and clean presentation and environment.
- Lift and carry materials and equipment throughout work areas using appropriate equipment.
- Maintain tools and equipment in proper working order by performing preventative maintenance as needed.
- Utilize safety equipment and gear in a proper manner.
- Perform snow removal duties on a seasonal basis when required by property.
- Communicate equipment problems or malfunctions to management immediately.
- Operate company golf cart in a safe manner to perform errands and transport materials if required by property.
- Follow all written and verbal instructions.
- Follow company policies and procedures as set forth in training sessions, manuals and guidelines.
- Must have access to reliable transportation. Must have an effective communication system available in order to contact property or staff after hours.
- Report resident concerns to management.
- Works on-call, overtime, weekend, holiday, and weekend work as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Frequently lifts and carries up to 45 pounds (i.e. 5 gallon paint can).
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds (i.e. bag of concrete).
- Pushes and/or pulls using appliance dolly up to 200 pounds.
- Moves objects from one floor to another.
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists.
- Has normal range of vision, hearing, and speech.
Equipment & Material Used
- General Hand Tools
- Appliance Dolly
- A/C gauges and cleaning chemicals
- Welding torch
- Electric power tools
- Ladders including extension ladder
- Recovery unit
- Gas and electric powered chain saws
- May be required to provide own tools
- Indoors - 50%
- Outdoors - 50%
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Visual Skills
- Resident Relations
- Reading Skills
- Project Management
- Physical Dexterity Skills
- Manual Dexterity Skills
- Sound Judgment Organization
- Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior service experience preferred. Minimum of HVAC Level I required.