Job Summary: Responsible for effectively commuting, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
Reports to: Property Manager
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt, eligible for overtime)
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report applications.
- Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner.
- Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to perform calculations, produce and distribute documents.
- Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
- Provide accounting support to Community Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Community Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance service request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up in a timely manner if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Enforce policies by the community.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant and/or Assistant Community Manager; will consider 3 years supervisory experience in a customer service related business with appropriate certification(s).
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work s flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to resident concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
- Attendance is an impressive job function.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
- In order to achieve success in the CORE Realty Management team must embrace certain core principles and values:
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm